- [noun] a feather or cluster of feathers worn as an ornament
- [noun] the light horny waterproof structure forming the external covering of birds
Synonyms: feather, plumage
- [verb] rip off; ask an unreasonable price
Synonyms: overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, pluck, rob, hook
- [verb] be proud of; "He prides himself on making it into law school"
Synonyms: pride, congratulate
- [verb] deck with a plume; "a plumed helmet"
- [verb] clean with one's bill; "The birds preened"
- [verb] form a plume; "The chimneys were pluming the sky"; "The engine was pluming black smoke"
- [verb] dress or groom with elaborate care; "She likes to dress when going to the opera"
Synonyms: preen, primp, dress
extort, squeeze, rack, gouge, wring
down, down feather
- contour feather
bastard wing, alula, spurious wing
flight feather, pinion, quill, quill feather