- [noun] a brief swim in water
- [noun] a steep and rapid fall
- [verb] thrust or throw into; "Immerse yourself in hot water"
- [verb] drop steeply; "the stock market plunged"
Synonyms: dive, plunk
- [verb] dash violently or with great speed or impetuosity; "She plunged at it eagerly"
- [verb] begin with vigor; "He launched into a long diatribe"; "She plunged into a dangerous adventure"
- [verb] cause to be immersed; "The professor plunged his students into the study of the Italian text"
- [verb] fall abruptly; "It plunged to the bottom of the well"
- [verb] immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate; "dip the garment into the cleaning solution"; "dip the brush into the paint"
Synonyms: dunk, dip, souse, douse
- [verb] engross (oneself) fully; "He immersed himself into his studies"
Synonyms: steep, immerse, engulf, engross, absorb, soak up