- [noun] a feeling of self-respect and personal worth
- [noun] satisfaction with your (or another's) achievements; "he takes pride in his son's success"
- [noun] the trait of being spurred on by a dislike of falling below your standards
- [noun] a group of lions
- [noun] unreasonable and inordinate self-esteem (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- [verb] be proud of; "He prides himself on making it into law school"
Synonyms: plume, congratulate
ego, egotism, self-importance
amour propre, conceit, self-love, vanity
civic pride, civic spirit
dignity, self-respect, self-esteem, self-regard
arrogance, haughtiness, hauteur, highhandedness, lordliness