- [noun] an analysis (often in graphical form) representing the extent to which something exhibits various characteristics; "a biochemical profile of blood"; "a psychological profile of serial killers"
- [noun] a side view representation of an object (especially a human face)
- [noun] biographical sketch
- [noun] degree of exposure to public notice; "that candidate does not have sufficient visibility to win an election"; "he prefers a low profile"
- [noun] a vertical section of the Earth's crust showing the different horizons or layers
- [verb] write about; "The author of this article profiles a famous painter"
- [verb] represent in profile, by drawing or painting