- [noun] any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted; "he prepared for great undertakings"
Synonyms: undertaking, task, labor
- [noun] a planned undertaking
- [verb] communicate vividly; "He projected his feelings"
- [verb] extend out or project in space; "His sharp nose jutted out"; "A single rock sticks out from the cliff"
Synonyms: stick out, protrude, jut out, jut
- [verb] transfer (ideas or principles) from one domain into another
- [verb] project on a screen; "The images are projected onto the screen"
- [verb] cause to be heard; "His voice projects well"
- [verb] draw a projection of
- [verb] make or work out a plan for; devise; "They contrived to murder their boss"; "design a new sales strategy"; "plan an attack"
Synonyms: plan, contrive, design
- [verb] present for consideration
- [verb] imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind; "I can't see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
Synonyms: visualize, visualise, envision, fancy, see, figure, picture, image
- [verb] put or send forth; "She threw the flashlight beam into the corner"; "The setting sun threw long shadows"; "cast a spell"; "cast a warm light"
Synonyms: cast, contrive, throw
- [verb] throw, send, or cast forward; "project a missile"
Synonyms: send off
- [verb] regard as objective
Synonyms: externalize, externalise
thrust, push up
spear, spear up
map, map out
cinch, breeze, picnic, snap, duck soup, child's play, pushover, walkover, piece of cake
adventure, escapade, risky venture, dangerous undertaking
enterprise, endeavor, endeavour
labor of love, labour of love
marathon, endurance contest
tall order, large order
- Manhattan Project
moneymaker, money-spinner, cash cow