- [noun] a formal ball held for a school class toward the end of the academic year
- [noun] a public area set aside as a pedestrian walk
- [noun] a square dance figure; couples march counterclockwise in a circle
- [noun] a march of all the guests at the opening of a formal dance
- [noun] a leisurely walk (usually in some public place)
Synonyms: amble, ramble, saunter, stroll, perambulation
- [verb] march in a procession; "the veterans paraded down the street"
Synonyms: parade, troop
- [verb] take a leisurely walk; "The ladies promenaded along the beach"