- [noun] the possibility of future success; "his prospects as a writer are excellent"
- [noun] belief about (or mental picture of) the future
Synonyms: expectation, outlook
- [noun] someone who is considered for something (for an office or prize or honor etc.)
- [noun] the visual percept of a region; "the most desirable feature of the park are the beautiful views"
Synonyms: view, aspect, scene, vista, panorama
- [noun] a prediction of the course of a disease
Synonyms: prognosis, medical prognosis
- [verb] search for something desirable; "prospect a job"
- [verb] explore for useful or valuable things or substances, such as minerals