- [noun] the only fertile female in a colony of social insects such as bees and ants and termites; its function is to lay eggs
- [noun] a female sovereign ruler
Synonyms: regnant, female monarch
- [noun] the wife or widow of a king
- [noun] something personified as a woman who is considered the best or most important of her kind; "Paris is the queen of cities"; "the queen of ocean liners"
- [noun] a competitor who holds a preeminent position
Synonyms: king, world-beater
- [noun] offensive terms for an openly homosexual man
Synonyms: fagot, faggot, fag, fairy, nance, pansy, queer, poof, poove, pouf
- [noun] one of four face cards in a deck bearing a picture of a queen
- [noun] (chess) the most powerful piece
- [noun] especially large and only member of a colony of naked mole rats to bear offspring sired by only a few males
- [noun] female cat
- [verb] promote to a queen, as of a pawn in chess
- [verb] become a queen; "her pawn queened"