- [noun] a search for an alternative that meets cognitive criteria; "the pursuit of love"; "life is more than the pursuance of fame"; "a quest for wealth"
Synonyms: pursuit, pursuance
- [noun] the act of searching for something; "a quest for diamonds"
- [verb] make a search (for); "Things that die with their eyes open and questing"; "The animal came questing through the forest"
- [verb] search the trail of (game); "The dog went off and quested"
- [verb] bark with prolonged noises, of dogs
- [verb] seek alms, as for religious purposes
- [verb] express the need or desire for; ask for; "She requested an extra bed in her room"; "She called for room service"
Synonyms: rebespeak, call for
solicit, beg, tap
excuse, beg off
invite, call for
invite, ask in
claim, lay claim, arrogate
invite, ask over, ask round
ask out, invite out, take out
reserve, hold, book
- wild-goose chase