- [noun] medium for communication
Synonyms: communication, wireless
- [noun] an electronic receiver that detects and demodulates and amplifies transmitted signals
Synonyms: receiver, receiving set, set, tuner, wireless
- [noun] a communication system based on broadcasting electromagnetic waves
- [verb] transmit messages via radio waves; "he radioed for help"
- [adjective] indicating radiation or radioactivity; "radiochemistry"
- Search for synonyms for RADIO
- clock radio
- crystal set
- heterodyne receiver, superheterodyne receiver, superhet
- push-button radio
- radiotelegraph, radiotelegraphy, wireless telegraph, wireless telegraphy