- [noun] food that is discarded (as from a kitchen)
Synonyms: garbage, food waste, scraps
- [verb] show unwillingness towards; "he declined to join the group on a hike"
- [verb] refuse to accept; "He refused my offer of hospitality"
Synonyms: reject, pass up, turn down, decline
- [verb] elude, especially in a baffling way; "This behavior defies explanation"
Synonyms: defy, resist
- [verb] refuse to let have; "She denies me every pleasure"; "he denies her her weekly allowance"
- [verb] resist immunologically the introduction of some foreign tissue or organ; "His body rejected the liver of the donor"
Synonyms: resist, reject
- [verb] refuse entrance or membership; "They turned away hundreds of fans"; "Black people were often rejected by country clubs"
Synonyms: reject, turn down, turn away