- [noun] freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility); "took his repose by the swimming pool"
Synonyms: rest, ease, relaxation
- [noun] the absence of mental stress or anxiety
Synonyms: peace, peacefulness, peace of mind, serenity, heartsease, ataraxis
- [noun] a disposition free from stress or emotion
Synonyms: quiet, placidity, serenity, tranquillity, tranquility
- [verb] put or confide something in a person or thing; "These philosophers reposed the law in the people"
- [verb] be inherent or innate in;
Synonyms: rest, reside
- [verb] lie when dead; "Mao reposes in his mausoleum"
- [verb] lean in a comfortable resting position; "He was reposing on the couch"
Synonyms: recumb, recline
- [verb] put in a horizontal position; "lay the books on the table"; "lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
Synonyms: lay, put down
- [verb] to put something (eg trust) in something; "The nation reposed its confidence in the King"