- [noun] a new appraisal or evaluation
Synonyms: reappraisal, revaluation, reassessment
- [noun] an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of a book or play)
Synonyms: critique, critical article
- [noun] a subsequent examination of a patient for the purpose of monitoring earlier treatment
Synonyms: follow-up, followup, reexamination
- [noun] (accounting) a service (less exhaustive than an audit) that provides some assurance to interested parties as to the reliability of financial data
- [noun] a variety show with topical sketches and songs and dancing and comedians
- [noun] a periodical that publishes critical essays on current affairs or literature or art
- [noun] a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
Synonyms: recapitulation, recap
- [noun] (law) a judicial reexamination of the proceedings of a court (especially by an appellate court)
- [noun] practice intended to polish performance or refresh the memory
- [noun] a formal or official examination; "the platoon stood ready for review"; "we had to wait for the inspection before we could use the elevator"
- [verb] look at again; examine again; "let's review your situation"
- [verb] appraise critically; "She reviews books for the New York Times"; "Please critique this performance"
- [verb] hold a review (of troops)
Synonyms: go over, survey
- [verb] refresh one's memory; "I reviewed the material before the test"
Synonyms: brush up, refresh
- [verb] look back upon (a period of time, sequence of events, etc.); remember; "she reviewed her achievements with pride"
Synonyms: look back, retrospect