- [noun] a recompense for worthy acts or retribution for wrongdoing; "the wages of sin is death"; "virtue is its own reward"
Synonyms: wages, payoff
- [noun] payment made in return for a service rendered
- [noun] an act performed to strengthen approved behavior
- [noun] the offer of money for helping to find a criminal or for returning lost property
- [noun] benefit resulting from some event or action; "it turned out to my advantage"; "reaping the rewards of generosity"
- [verb] bestow honor or rewards upon; "Today we honor our soldiers"; "The scout was rewarded for courageus action"
Synonyms: honor, honour
- [verb] strengthen and support with rewards; "Let's reinforce good behavior"
- [verb] act or give recompensation in recognition of someone's behavior or actions
Synonyms: repay, pay back