- [noun] the basic rhythmic unit in a piece of music; "the piece has a fast rhythm"; "the conductor set the beat"
Synonyms: beat, musical
- [noun] recurring at regular intervals
Synonyms: regular recurrence
- [noun] an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs; "the neverending cycle of the seasons"
Synonyms: cycle, round
- [noun] the arrangement of spoken words alternating stressed and unstressed elements; "the rhythm of Frost's poetry"
- [noun] natural family planning in which ovulation is assumed to occur 14 days before the onset of a period (the fertile period would be assumed to extend from day 10 through day 18 of her cycle)
Synonyms: method of birth control, method, calendar method of birth control, calendar method