- [noun] the shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object
- [noun] (basketball) the hoop from which the net is suspended; "the ball hit the rim and bounced off"
- [noun] the outer part of a wheel to which the tire is attached
- [noun] a projection used for strength or for attaching to another object
- [noun] the top edge of a vessel
- [verb] run around the rim of; "Sugar rimmed the dessert plate"
- [verb] furnish with a rim; "rim a hat"
- [verb] roll around the rim of; "the ball rimmed the basket"