- [noun] a movement upward; "they cheered the rise of the hot-air balloon"
Synonyms: rise, ascent, ascension
- [noun] organized opposition to authority; a conflict in which one faction tries to wrest control from another
Synonyms: rebellion, insurrection, revolt, up
- [adjective] advancing or becoming higher or greater in degree or value or status; "a rising trend"; "a rising market"
- [adjective] (of a heavenly body) becoming visible above the horizon; "the rising sun"
- [adjective] increasing in amount or degree; "rising prices"
- [adjective] sloping upward
Synonyms: acclivitous, uphill
- [adjective] coming to maturity; "the rising generation"
- [adjective] newly come into prominence; "a rising young politician"
climb, climbing, mounting
elevation, lift, raising
rapid climb, rapid growth, zoom
upheaval, uplift, upthrow, upthrust
Peasant's Revolt, Great Revolt
Indian Mutiny, Sepoy Mutiny