- [noun] an irrecoverable state of devastation and destruction; "you have brought ruin on this entire family"
- [noun] a ruined building; "they explored several Roman ruins"
- [noun] the process of becoming dilapidated
- [noun] an event that results in destruction
- [noun] failure that results in a loss of position or reputation
Synonyms: downfall, ation
- [noun] destruction achieved by wrecking something
Synonyms: laying waste, ing, ation, wrecking
- [verb] destroy completely; damage irreparably; "You have ruined my car by pouring sugar in the tank!"; "The tears ruined her make-up"
- [verb] destroy or cause to fail; "This behavior will ruin your chances of winning the election"
- [verb] reduce to bankruptcy; "My daughter's fancy wedding is going to break me!"; "The slump in the financial markets smashed him"
Synonyms: bankrupt, break, smash
- [verb] reduce to ruins; "The country lay ruined after the war"
- [verb] deprive of virginity; "This dirty old man deflowered several young girls in the village"
- [verb] fall into ruin
burn, fire, burn down
lay waste to, waste, devastate, desolate, ravage, scourge
- do a job on
rape, spoil, despoil, violate, plunder
bust up, wreck, wrack
kick in, kick down
- wash out