- [noun] state of being torn or burst open
- [noun] a personal or social separation (as between opposing factions); "they hoped to avoid a break in relations"
Synonyms: breach, break, severance, rift, falling out
- [noun] the act of making a sudden noisy break
- [verb] separate or cause to separate abruptly; "The rope snapped"; "tear the paper"
Synonyms: tear, snap, bust
- Search for synonyms for RUPTURE
- rend, rip, rive, pull
- shred, tear up, rip up
- hernia, herniation
- herniated disc, ruptured intervertebral disc, slipped disc