- [noun] strongbox where valuables can be kept safe
- [noun] a ventilated or refrigerated cupboard for securing provisions from pests
- [noun] contraceptive device consisting of a thin rubber or latex sheath worn over the penis during intercourse
Synonyms: condom, rubber, ty, prophylactic
- [adjective] free from danger or the risk of harm; "a safe trip"; "you will be safe here"; "a safe place"; "a safe bet"
- [adjective] of an undertaking
- [adjective] having reached a base without being put out; "the runner was called safe when the baseman dropped the ball"
- [adjective] financially sound; "a good investment"; "a secure investment"
Synonyms: dependable, good, secure
- [adjective] in safekeeping; "your secret is safe with me"