- [noun] a haphazard distribution in all directions
- [noun] the act of scattering
Synonyms: ing, strewing
- [verb] to cause to separate and go in different directions; "She waved her hand and scattered the crowds"
Synonyms: disperse, dissipate, dispel, break up
- [verb] move away from each other; "The crowds dispersed"; "The children scattered in all directions when the teacher approached";
Synonyms: disperse, dissipate, spread out
- [verb] distribute loosely; "He scattered gun powder under the wagon"
Synonyms: sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse
- [verb] sow by scattering; "scatter seeds"
- [verb] cause to separate; "break up kidney stones"; "disperse particles"
Synonyms: break up, disperse
- [verb] strew or distribute over an area; "He spread fertilizer over the lawn"; "scatter cards across the table"
Synonyms: spread, spread out
spatter, splatter, plash, splash, splosh, swash
sprinkle, splash, splosh