- [noun] a number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance); "she made good marks in algebra"; "grade A milk"; "what was your score on your homework?"
Synonyms: mark, grade
- [noun] a written form of a musical composition; parts for different instruments appear on separate staves on large pages; "he studied the score of the sonata"
- [noun] a number that expresses the accomplishment of a team or an individual in a game or contest; "the score was 7 to 0"
- [noun] a set of twenty members; "a score were sent out but only one returned"
- [noun] grounds; "don't do it on my account"; "the paper was rejected on account of its length"; "he tried to blame the victim but his success on that score was doubtful"
- [noun] the facts about an actual situation; "he didn't know the score"
- [noun] an amount due (as at a restaurant or bar); "add it to my score and I'll settle later"
- [noun] a slight surface cut (especially a notch that is made to keep a tally)
- [noun] a resentment strong enough to justify retaliation; "holding a grudge"; "settling a score"
Synonyms: grudge, grievance
- [noun] the act of scoring in a game or sport; "the winning score came with less than a minute left to play"
- [noun] a seduction culminating in sexual intercourse; "calling his seduction of the girl a `score' was a typical example of male slang"
Synonyms: sexual conquest
- [verb] gain points in a game; "The home team scored many times"; "He hit a home run"; "He hit .300 in the past season"
Synonyms: hit, tally, rack up
- [verb] make small marks into the surface of; "score the clay before firing it"
Synonyms: nock, mark
- [verb] make underscoring marks
- [verb] write a musical score for
- [verb] induce to have sex; "Harry finally seduced Sally"; "Did you score last night?"; "Harry made Sally"
Synonyms: seduce, make
- [verb] get a certain number or letter indicating quality or performance; "She scored high on the SAT"; "He scored a 200"
- [verb] assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation; "grade tests"; "score the SAT essays"; "mark homework"
Synonyms: grade, mark
- hole up
equalize, equalise, get even
have, get, make
- grade point
- bowling score
- football score
- baseball score
- basketball score
duck, duck's egg
- double eagle
- bull's eye
open frame, break
- field goal
basket, field goal
- hat trick
break, break of serve