- [noun] a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane); "he booked their seats in advance"; "he sat in someone else's place"
- [noun] the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
Synonyms: buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass
- [noun] furniture that is designed for sitting on; "there were not enough seats for all the guests"
- [noun] any support where you can sit (especially the part of a chair or bench etc. on which you sit); "he dusted off the seat before sitting down"
- [noun] a center of authority (as a city from which authority is exercised)
- [noun] the cloth covering for the buttocks; "the seat of his pants was worn through"
- [verb] show to a seat; assign a seat for; "The host seated me next to Mrs. Smith"
Synonyms: sit, sit down
- [verb] be able to seat; "The theater seats 2,000"
- [verb] place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position; "there was a ceremony to induct the president of the Academy"
Synonyms: induct, invest
- [verb] put a seat on a chair
- [verb] provide with seats; "seat a concert hall"
box, box seat
- box seat
ottoman, pouf, pouffe, puff, hassock
- Siege Perilous
sofa, couch, lounge
- toilet seat
bell seat, balloon seat
bicycle seat, saddle
boatswain's chair, bosun's chair
- bucket seat
- car seat
ejection seat, ejector seat, capsule
- front bench
- jump seat
- plane seat
- rumble seat
- sliding seat
county seat, county courthouse
county town, shire town
- La Paz