- [noun] the defensive football players who line up behind the linemen
- [noun] coil such that current is induced in it by passing a current through the primary coil
Synonyms: coil, winding
- [adjective] of second rank or importance or value; not direct or immediate; "the stone will be hauled to a secondary crusher"; "a secondary source"; "a secondary issue"; "secondary streams"
- [adjective] inferior in rank or status; "the junior faculty"; "a lowly corporal"; "petty officialdom"; "a subordinate functionary"
Synonyms: junior-grade, inferior, lower, lower-ranking, lowly, petty, subaltern, subordinate
- [adjective] depending on or incidental to what is original or primary; "a secondary infection"
- [adjective] not of major importance; "played a secondary role in world events"
- [adjective] belonging to a lower class or rank