- [verb] get by special effort; "He procured extra cigarettes even though they were rationed"
- [verb] cause to be firmly attached; "fasten the lock onto the door"; "she fixed her gaze on the man"
Synonyms: fasten, fix
- [verb] assure payment of
- [verb] make certain of; "This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"; "Preparation will guarantee success!"
Synonyms: guarantee, ensure, insure, assure
- [verb] fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug; "plug the hole"; "stop up the leak"
Synonyms: plug, stop up
- [verb] furnish with battens; "batten ships"
Synonyms: batten, batten down
- [adjective] free from fear or doubt; easy in mind; "secure himself, he went out of his way to help others"
Synonyms: unafraid, untroubled
- [adjective] free from danger or risk; "secure from harm"; "his fortune was secure"; "made a secure place for himself in his field"
- [adjective] kept safe or defended from danger or injury or loss; "the most protected spot I could find"
- [adjective] not likely to fail or give way; "the lock was secure"; "a secure foundation"; "a secure hold on her wrist"
- [adjective] able to withstand attack; "an impregnable fortress"; "fortifications that made the frontier inviolable"
Synonyms: impregnable, inviolable, strong, unassailable, unattackable
- [adjective] financially sound; "a good investment"; "a secure investment"
Synonyms: dependable, good, safe
- rope up
anchor, cast anchor, drop anchor
moor, berth, tie up
sew, run up, sew together, stitch
- lock up
zip up, zipper, zip
hang, hang up
lodge, wedge, stick, deposit
cork, cork up