- [noun] the act of choosing or selecting; "your choice of colors was unfortunate"; "you can take your pick"
Synonyms: choice, option, pick
- [noun] an assortment of things from which a choice can be made; "the store carried a large selection of shoes"
- [noun] the person or thing chosen or selected; "he was my pick for mayor"
Synonyms: choice, pick
- [noun] a natural process resulting in the evolution of organisms best adapted to the environment
Synonyms: survival, survival of the fittest, natural
- [noun] a passage selected from a larger work; "he presented excerpts from William James' philosophical writings"
Synonyms: excerpt, extract
decision, determination, conclusion
vote, ballot, voting, balloting
Haftorah, Haftarah, Haphtorah, Haphtarah
clipping, newspaper clipping, press clipping, cutting, press cutting
quotation, quote, citation