- [noun] any of the equal portions into which the capital stock of a corporation is divided and ownership of which is evidenced by a stock certificate; "he bought 100 shares of IBM at the market price"
- [noun] assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group; "he wanted his share in cash"
Synonyms: portion, part, percentage
- [noun] the result of parcelling out or sharing; "death gets more than its share of attention from theologicans"
Synonyms: parcel, portion
- [noun] any one of a number of individual efforts in a common endeavor; "I am proud of my contribution to the team's success"; "they all did their share of the work"
Synonyms: contribution, part
- [noun] a sharp steel wedge that cuts loose the top layer of soil
- [verb] have in common; "Our children share a love of music"; "The two countries share a long border"
- [verb] use jointly or in common
- [verb] have, give, or receive a share of; "We shared the cake"
Synonyms: partake, partake in
- [verb] give out as one's portion or share
Synonyms: divvy up, portion out, apportion, deal
- [verb] communicate; "I'd like to share this idea with you"