- [noun] an outbuilding with a single story; used for shelter or storage
- [verb] get rid of; "he shed his image as a pushy boss"; "shed your clothes"
Synonyms: cast, cast off, shake off, throw, throw off, throw away, drop
- [verb] pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities; "shed tears"; "spill blood"; "God shed His grace on Thee"
Synonyms: spill, pour forth
- [verb] cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over; "spill the beans all over the table"
Synonyms: spill, disgorge
- [verb] cast off hair, skin, horn, or feathers; "out dog sheds every Spring"
Synonyms: molt, exuviate, moult, slough
- [adjective] shed at an early stage of development; "most amphibians have caducous gills"; "the caducous calyx of a poppy"