- [noun] a plumbing fixture that sprays water over you; "they installed a shower in the bathroom"
- [noun] washing yourself in a shower; you stand upright under water sprayed from a nozzle; "he took a shower after the game"
- [noun] a brief period of precipitation; "the game was interrupted by a brief shower"
- [noun] a sudden downpour (as of tears or sparks etc) likened to a rain shower; "a little shower of rose petals"; "a sudden cascade of sparks"
- [noun] someone who organizes an exhibit for others to see
Synonyms: exhibitor, exhibitioner
- [noun] a party of friends assembled to present gifts (usually of a specified kind) to a person; "her friends organized a baby shower for her when she was expecting"
- [verb] expend profusely; also used with abstract nouns; "He was showered with praise"
- [verb] spray or sprinkle with; "The guests showered rice on the couple"
- [verb] take a shower; wash one's body in the shower; "You should shower after vigorous exercise"
- [verb] rain abundantly; "Meteors showered down over half of Australia"
- [verb] provide abundantly with; "He showered her with presents"