- [noun] estrangement from god
Synonyms: fulness, wickedness
- [noun] an act that is regarded by theologians as a transgression of God's will
- [noun] ratio of the opposite side to the hypotenuse of a right-angled triangle
- [noun] (Akkadian) god of the moon; counterpart of Sumerian Nanna
- [noun] the 21st letter of the Hebrew alphabet
- [noun] violent and excited activity; "they began to fight like sin"
- [verb] commit a sin; violate a law of God or a moral law
Synonyms: transgress, trespass
- [verb] commit a faux pas or a fault or make a serious mistake; "I blundered during the job interview"
Synonyms: blunder, boob, goof