- [noun] a gait in which steps and hops alternate
- [noun] a mistake resulting from neglect
- [verb] bypass; "He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible"
Synonyms: jump, pass over, over
- [verb] intentionally fail to attend; "cut class"
- [verb] jump lightly
Synonyms: hop, hop-
- [verb] leave suddenly; "She persuaded him to decamp"; "skip town"
Synonyms: decamp, vamoose
- [verb] bound off one point after another
Synonyms: bound off
- [verb] cause to skip over a surface; "Skip a stone across the pond"
Synonyms: skim, skitter