- [noun] informal language consisting of words and expressions that are not considered appropriate for formal occasions; often vituperative or vulgar; "their speech was full of slang expressions"
- [noun] a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves); "they don't speak our lingo"
Synonyms: cant, jargon, lingo, argot, patois, vernacular
- [verb] use slang or vulgar language
- [verb] fool or hoax; "The immigrant was duped because he trusted everyone"; "You can't fool me!"
Synonyms: gull, dupe, befool, cod, fool, put on, take in, put one over, put one across
- [verb] abuse with coarse language