- [noun] a cloud of fine particles suspended in a gas
- [noun] a hot vapor containing fine particles of carbon being produced by combustion; "the fire produced a tower of black smoke that could be seen for miles"
- [noun] an indication of some hidden activity; "with all that smoke there must be a fire somewhere"
- [noun] something with no concrete substance; "his dreams all turned to smoke"; "it was just smoke and mirrors"
- [noun] tobacco leaves that have been made into a cylinder
Synonyms: roll of tobacco
- [noun] street names for marijuana
Synonyms: pot, grass, green goddess, dope, weed, gage, sess, sens, skunk, locoweed, Mary Jane
- [noun] the act of smoking tobacco or other substances; "he went outside for a smoke"; "smoking stinks"
- [noun] (baseball) a pitch thrown with maximum velocity; "he swung late on the fastball"; "he showed batters nothing but smoke"
Synonyms: fastball, heater, hummer, bullet
- [verb] inhale and exhale smoke from cigarettes, cigars, pipes; "We never smoked marijuana"; "Do you smoke?"
- [verb] emit a cloud of fine particles; "The chimney was fuming"