- [noun] something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares; "the exam was full of trap questions"; "it was all a snare and delusion"
- [noun] a small drum with two heads and a snare stretched across the lower head
Synonyms: drum, side drum
- [noun] a surgical instrument consisting of wire hoop that can be drawn tight around the base of polyps or small tumors to sever them; used especially in body cavities
- [noun] strings stretched across the lower head of a snare drum; they make a rattling sound when the drum is hit
- [noun] a trap for birds or small mammals; often has a noose
Synonyms: gin, noose
- [verb] catch in or as if in a trap; "The men trap foxes"
Synonyms: trap, entrap, entrammel
- [verb] entice and trap; "The car salesman had snared three potential customers"