- [noun] an open skin infection
- [adjective] hurting; "the tender spot on his jaw"
Synonyms: sensitive, tender
- [adjective] causing misery or pain or distress; "it was a sore trial to him"; "the painful process of growing up"
Synonyms: afflictive, painful
- [adjective] roused to anger; "stayed huffy a good while"- Mark Twain; "she gets mad when you wake her up so early"; "mad at his friend"; "sore over a remark"
Synonyms: huffy, mad
- [adjective] inflamed and painful; "his throat was raw"; "had a sore throat"