- [noun] a person who drinks alcohol to excess habitually
Synonyms: alcoholic, alky, dipsomaniac, boozer, lush, soaker
- [noun] pork trimmings chopped and pickled and jelled
- [noun] the act of making something completely wet; "he gave it a good drenching"
Synonyms: drenching, soaking, sousing
- [verb] cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
Synonyms: drench, douse, dowse, soak, sop
- [verb] immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate; "dip the garment into the cleaning solution"; "dip the brush into the paint"
Synonyms: dunk, dip, plunge, douse
- [verb] become drunk or drink excessively
Synonyms: soak, inebriate, hit it up
- [verb] cook in a marinade; "souse herring"