- [noun] the unlimited expanse in which everything is located; "they tested his ability to locate objects in space"
- [noun] an empty area (usually bounded in some way between things); "the architect left space in front of the building"; "they stopped at an open space in the jungle"; "the space between his teeth"
- [noun] an area reserved for some particular purpose; "the laboratory's floor space"
- [noun] a blank character used to separate successive words in writing or printing; "he said the space is the most important character in the alphabet"
- [noun] the interval between two times; "the distance from birth to death"; "it all happened in the space of 10 minutes"
- [noun] a blank area; "write your name in the space provided"
Synonyms: blank place
- [noun] one of the areas between or below or above the lines of a musical staff; "the spaces are the notes F-A-C-E"
- [noun] (printing) a block of type without a raised letter; used for spacing between words
- [verb] place at intervals; "Space the interviews so that you have some time between the different candidates"
- absolute space
- phase space
mathematical space, topological space
- outer space
- pleural space
- subarachnoid space
void, vacancy, emptiness, vacuum
cavity, enclosed space
airspace, air space
crawlspace, crawl space
disk space, disc space
- no-parking zone
parking space, parking zone
indentation, indent, indenture
- hair space