- [noun] the complete duration of something; "the job was finished in the span of an hour"
- [noun] the distance or interval between two points
- [noun] two items of the same kind
Synonyms: couple, pair, twosome, twain, brace, yoke, couplet, distich, duo, duet, dyad, duad
- [noun] a unit of length based on the width of the expanded human hand (usually taken as 9 inches)
- [noun] a structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc.
- [noun] the act of sitting or standing astride
- [verb] to cover or extend over an area or time period; "Rivers traverse the valley floor", "The parking lot spans 3 acres"; "The novel spans three centuries"
Synonyms: cross, traverse, sweep