- [noun] the noise of something spattering or sputtering explosively; "he heard a spatter of gunfire"
Synonyms: ing, splatter, splattering, sputter, splutter, sputtering
- [noun] the act of splashing a (liquid) substance on a surface
Synonyms: ing, splash, splashing, splattering
- [verb] dash a liquid upon or against; "The mother splashed the baby's face with water"
Synonyms: splatter, plash, splash, splosh, swash
- [verb] rain gently; "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
Synonyms: sprinkle, spit, patter, pitter-patter
- [verb] spot, splash, or soil; "The baby spattered the bib with food"