- [verb] express in speech; "She talks a lot of nonsense"; "This depressed patient does not verbalize"
Synonyms: talk, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- [verb] exchange thoughts; talk with; "We often talk business"; "Actions talk louder than words"
- [verb] use language; "the baby talks already"; "the prisoner won't speak"; "they speak a strange dialect"
- [verb] give a speech to; "The chairman addressed the board of trustees"
- [verb] make a characteristic or natural sound; "The drums spoke"
vocalize, vocalise, phonate
lip off, shoot one's mouth off
- speak up
- speak in tongues
talk of, talk about
blubber, blubber out
drone, drone on
bumble, stutter, stammer, falter
blurt out, blurt, blunder out, blunder, ejaculate
tone, inflect, modulate
chatter, piffle, palaver, prate, tittle-tattle, twaddle, clack, maunder, prattle, blab, gibber, tattle, blabber, gabble
yack, jaw, yack away, rattle on, yap away
- open up
mumble, mutter, maunder, mussitate
rant, mouth off, jabber, spout, rabbit on, rave
hiss, sizz, siss, sibilate
tone, chant, intone
continue, go on, carry on, proceed
- talk down
- talk turkey
monologuize, monologuise, soliloquize, soliloquise
chat up, flirt, dally, butterfly, coquet, coquette, romance, philander, mash
dish the dirt, gossip
- run on
- blaze away