- [noun] a particular environment or walk of life; "his social sphere is limited"; "it was a closed area of employment"; "he's out of my orbit"
Synonyms: domain, area, orbit, field, arena
- [noun] any spherically shaped artifact
- [noun] the geographical area in which one nation is very influential
Synonyms: of influence
- [noun] a particular aspect of life or activity; "he was helpless in an important sector of his life"
- [noun] a solid figure bounded by a spherical surface (including the space it encloses)
- [noun] a three-dimensional closed surface such that every point on the surface is equidistant from the center
- [noun] the apparent surface of the imaginary sphere on which celestial bodies appear to be projected
Synonyms: celestial empyrean, firmament, heavens, vault of heaven, welkin