- [noun] liquid that is spilled; "clean up the spills"
- [noun] a channel that carries excess water over or around a dam or other obstruction
Synonyms: way, wasteweir
- [noun] the act of allowing a fluid to escape
Synonyms: age, release
- [noun] a sudden drop from an upright position; "he had a nasty spill on the ice"
Synonyms: tumble, fall
- [verb] cause or allow (a liquid substance) to run or flow from a container; "spill the milk"; "splatter water"
Synonyms: slop, splatter
- [verb] flow, run or fall out and become lost; "The milk spilled across the floor"; "The wine spilled onto the table"
Synonyms: run out
- [verb] cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over; "spill the beans all over the table"
Synonyms: shed, disgorge
- [verb] pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities; "shed tears"; "spill blood"; "God shed His grace on Thee"
Synonyms: shed, pour forth
- [verb] reveal information; "If you don't oblige me, I'll talk!"; "The former employee spilled all the details"