- [noun] the sound like water splashing
- [noun] a small quantity of something moist or soft; "a dab of paint"; "a splatter of mud"
Synonyms: dab, splatter
- [noun] the act of splashing a (liquid) substance on a surface
Synonyms: spatter, spattering, ing, splattering
- [noun] the act of scattering water about haphazardly
- [verb] cause (a liquid) to spatter about, especially with force; "She splashed the water around her"
Synonyms: sprinkle, splosh
- [verb] walk through mud or mire; "We had to splosh across the wet meadow"
Synonyms: squelch, squish, splosh, slosh, slop
- [verb] dash a liquid upon or against; "The mother splashed the baby's face with water"
Synonyms: spatter, splatter, plash, splosh, swash
- [verb] mark or overlay with patches of contrasting color or texture; cause to appear splashed or spattered; "The mountain was splashed with snow"
- [verb] make a splashing sound; "water was splashing on the floor"
Synonyms: splosh, slosh, slush
- [verb] soil or stain with a splashed liquid
- [verb] strike and dash about in a liquid; "The boys splashed around in the pool"