- [noun] a light shower that falls in some locations and not others nearby
Synonyms: scattering, sprinkling
- [noun] the act of sprinkling or splashing water; "baptized with a sprinkling of holy water"; "a sparge of warm water over the malt"
Synonyms: sprinkling, sparge
- [verb] distribute loosely; "He scattered gun powder under the wagon"
Synonyms: scatter, dot, dust, disperse
- [verb] cause (a liquid) to spatter about, especially with force; "She splashed the water around her"
Synonyms: splash, splosh
- [verb] rain gently; "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
Synonyms: spit, spatter, patter, pitter-patter
- [verb] scatter with liquid; wet lightly; "Sprinkle the lawn"
Synonyms: sparge, be