- [noun] a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something; "the ceaseless prodding got on his nerves"
Synonyms: goad, goading, prod, prodding, urging, ring
- [noun] any pointed projection
- [noun] tubular extension at the base of the corolla in some flowers
- [noun] a sharp prod fixed to a rider's heel and used to urge a horse onward; "cowboys know not to squat with their spurs on"
- [noun] a railway line connected to a trunk line
Synonyms: branch line, track
- [verb] incite or stimulate; "The Academy was formed to spur research"
- [verb] give heart or courage to
- [verb] strike with a spur
- [verb] goad with spurs; "the rider spurred his horse"
- [verb] equip with spurs; "spur horses"