- [noun] the noise of something spattering or sputtering explosively; "he heard a spatter of gunfire"
Synonyms: spatter, spattering, splatter, splattering, splutter, ing
- [noun] an utterance (of words) with spitting sounds (as in rage)
- [verb] make an explosive sound; "sputtering engines"
- [verb] cause to undergo a process in which atoms are removed; "The solar wind protons must sputter away the surface atoms of the dust"
- [verb] climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
Synonyms: clamber, scramble, shin, shinny, skin, struggle
- [verb] utter with a spitting sound, as if in a rage
- [verb] spit up in an explosive manner
Synonyms: splutter, spit out