- [noun] a crackling or hissing noise cause by electrical interference
Synonyms: atmospherics, atmospheric
- [noun] angry criticism; "they will probably give you a lot of static about your editorial"
- [adjective] not active or moving; "a static village community and a completely undynamic type of agriculture"; "static feudal societies"
- [adjective] not in physical motion; "the inertia of an object at rest"
Synonyms: inactive, motionless, still
- [adjective] concerned with or producing or caused by static electricity; "an electrostatic generator produces high-voltage static electricity"
- [adjective] showing little if any change; "a static population"
Synonyms: stable, unchanging