- [noun] an advantageous purchase; "she got a bargain at the auction"; "the stock was a real buy at that price"
Synonyms: bargain, buy
- [noun] a stolen base; an instance in which a base runner advances safely during the delivery of a pitch (without the help of a hit or walk or passed ball or wild pitch)
- [verb] take without the owner's consent; "Someone stole my wallet on the train"; "This author stole entire paragraphs from my dissertation"
- [verb] move stealthily; "The ship slipped away in the darkness"
- [verb] steal a base
- [verb] to go stealthily or furtively; "..stead of sneaking around spying on the neighbor's house"
Synonyms: sneak, mouse, creep, pussyfoot
pilfer, cabbage, purloin, pinch, abstract, snarf, swipe, hook, sneak, filch, nobble, lift
plagiarize, plagiarise, lift
embezzle, defalcate, peculate, misappropriate, malversate
hook, snitch, thieve, cop, knock off, glom
- walk off
hustle, pluck, roll
burglarize, burglarise, burgle, heist
- travel bargain