- [noun] a massive inexorable force that seems to crush everything in its way
- [noun] vehicle equipped with heavy wide smooth rollers for compacting roads and pavements
Synonyms: road roller
- [verb] bring to a specified state by overwhelming force or pressure; "The Senator steamrollered the bill to defeat"
- [verb] proceed with great force; "The new teacher tends to steamroller"
- [verb] crush with a steamroller as if to level; "steamroller the road"
- [verb] overwhelm by using great force; "steamroller the opposition"
- [verb] make level or flat with a steamroller; "steamroll the roads"