- [noun] an unbroken period of time during which you do something; "there were stretches of boredom"; "he did a stretch in the federal penitentiary"
- [noun] smallest American sandpiper
Synonyms: least sandpiper, Erolia minutilla
- [noun] an individuals prescribed share of work; "her stint as a lifeguard exhausted her"
- [verb] subsist on a meager allowance; "scratch and scrimp"
Synonyms: scrimp, skimp
- [verb] supply sparingly and with restricted quantities; "sting with the allowance"
Synonyms: skimp, scant